Missing in action

For anyone who actually reads, I do apologize for not posting for so long. I've been busy with life. Had a great church camp recently, and the speaker was good.

Suffice to say that I've come to a realization. If I want a breakthrough, I have to obey God, in spite of all else.

And I do want to be straight. Would it mean a change in me? Yes, it would. A significant life and mind change. It would change the way I think, the way I speak, the way I act. But if it's a good change wrought and sanctioned by God, then by Him, I want it! But just as Shadrach, Meshach and Abednigo said, I believe that God will deliver me. But even if He doesn't, I will praise Him and only Him.

4 comments :: Missing in action

  1. thanks for articulating that. I'm getting there too.

  2. Good to see you're still around.

    Anonymous

    10:31 PM

  3. I know what you're going through.

    I'm a happily married man and am very active in the church as a teacher and ministry leader.

    And I struggle at times with sexual temptations that would cause most of my Christian friends to gasp and shun me.

    I'm not gay, in the sense of having strong sexual attraction to other men. But I have had homosexual contacts, out of a crazed urge to get sex wherever and however.

    I also struggle with some pedophilia. Now we're getting into the truly verbotten subject area.

    Having struggled with this for years - for decades - I have learned that OBEDIENCE is truly the answer.

    When those thoughts or urges come to mind, I refuse to entertain them and instead turn them, sometimes midsentence, into pryaers to God.

    I may never be free from the temptations, but God is enabling me to be obedient in what I do.

    I will pray for you.

    Anonymous

    10:54 AM

  4. Hey Tobias, thanks for posting. I can relate.

    Please feel free to email me so we can talk more.

    oddpsalms(at)gmail.com