"It is finished."

I have learnt that those are the three most powerful words in the history of the universe. With those words came an earthquake and the raising of many dead to life. But the most significant event was the tearing of the veil in the temple from top to bottom, because it was the rending of that giant curtain that signified my reconciliation with my Creator. It was that symbol that meant I could come back to God. No fear, no condemnation. Only love.

Because when Jesus accepted the fate of the cross on his shoulders, he took more than three nails and a tree. He took the fate of the sin-drowned world upon himself. He took my fate on Himself… because He loved me so unimaginably much. He shed his blood for me, that I could be clean. He lifted the burden and guilt of my sins from me, that I would not die, but live. He gave it all up for me, that I would remember Him and realize just how He feels about me.

And those three beautiful words, so full of meaning and depth, so immensely powerful… He meant that His work on earth was done. He had finished what He had been sent to do–

He brought me back to Himself.

And for that sacrifice, I am eternally grateful. For those words have the power to change lives because they demonstrate in three labouring aspirations the depth of love of the One who created the heavens and the earth, and yet would give it all for one as lowly as me. What have I done that a God would die for me?

At the cross I bow my knee, where Your blood was shed for me. There’s no greater love than this. You have overcome the grave and Your glory fills the highest place. What can separate me now?

For You tore the veil, and You made a way, when You said that it is done.

And when the earth fades and falls from my eyes, and You stand before me, I know You love me.

I know You love me.

- At The Cross, Hillsong.

Thank You, my Potter and my Carpenter, my Counsellor and my Redeemer…

Thank You, Jesus, my Saviour.

0 comments :: "It is finished."