Singular Freedom

Valentine's day is around the corner (or already here for some of you), and I find myself thinking about relationships again. And we all know the saying—“Better to have loved and lost” and all that jazz. But as a Christian gay celibate bachelor, some days I think it’s the opposite.

While I do sometimes yearn for the intimacy that comes with having a significant other, there are also many moments when I am almost grateful I don’t have to handle someone else’s crap. No attachments, no being tied down, no drama. That’s really what I enjoy about the bachelor life. I am free to make of my day whatever I want to and am not beholden to anyone.

Now, I’d like to proclaim that this works out for the better. I’d like to say that frees me up to focus on Christ. I’d like to think that with that lack of a physical and emotional distraction in the form of a relationship, I am able to concentrate on my walk with God. But that’s not always the case.

But with that Bible study I mentioned in a previous post, things are getting easier. I am learning to ignore and move past the old triggers, the regular temptations of lewdness and nudity and lust and desire.

Just gotta take it step by step, one day at a time.

1 comments :: Singular Freedom

  1. I could love you dude, yes I too have issues, yet we all do. We would find communion with each other, our love-making would be what we would have dobe , had we met and married, in a world where were acceptance reigns. Christian, Catholic and gay. I write at writinghealth.wordpress.com