Ever have a reason for the day being lousy, but then u couldn't tell anyone why?

Today is one of those days. Desiring someone isn't always such a bad thing... Straight people think about people all the time. They confide in their friends about people they have feelings for. They think about these people without any real guilt.

And here I am, thinking about a guy. Wishing things weren't so hard. Wishing I could tell someone how I feel. Simply wishing that it was alright to feel this way, or that I didn't feel this way at all. And the worst part is, I can't tell anyone how I feel or why I feel this way. Because talking about it would be wrong. Telling someone I like another guy would be wrong, wouldn't it? Even if it isn't really, who would I tell? Who could I tell that wouldn't think me disgusting or embracing my sin?

Everyone goes by with their notions of what's right and wrong in the church, and how everyone should live their lives. And naturally, they would all probably have preconceived notions of how a gay Christian should live or do. I often imagine myself coming out, and after being accepted by my church (a really big IF), discovering the agreement whenever I tell them I believe homosexuality is wrong. Seeing the nods of approval whenever I deny my thoughts, whenever I say no to that part of me. Feeling the burden of desire in me, and feeling so wrong whenever I'm with these Christians. Sometimes I just want to run away from church, you know? The burden I feel... the underlying disapproval of the Christians at church... The animosity that lurks there, waiting to crash into me should the word ever get out.

And all I want to do is tell someone about the affection I have inside me for another person. I want to say how I feel inside everytime he is around, and the hopes and dreams and worries I have about him. I want to say why I like him, and why I smile everytime he's around. I want to say how he brightens up my day just by talking to me or simply just smiling at me. And I want to tell people why some days seem so long and why I seem so depressed... because I can't have him. Because he's a guy. Deep down inside, I feel myself dying little by little every time I realize I can't have the person I want. And I can't tell anyone.

I have a friend who flirts. And it disgusts me. The shameless charming of women... It's not something he should do, right? But then I wonder... Do I feel this way because I myself can't do it? Would I flirt with guys if it was an option for me?

Straight people have it so easy, they don't even realize. I see the guys around me, talking about girls and getting all down about them. All of them, flirting and thinking about women. What I would give to have that desire for women. What I would give to feel down about a girl and not a guy.

What I would give to be "normal".

9 comments :: Ever have a reason for the day being lousy, but then u couldn't tell anyone why?

  1. i cant help but feel sad when i read this post.. i can just feel your pain.. i cant do much but just to pray for you...

    perhaps, you really need professional christian counselling and follow up intercession to walk to freedom.. only then, u will truly be free... telling a leader wont help... being accountable to him alone wont help..

    but yet, i know it's difficult.. yet knowing the people in church will condemn u..

    :( really only Jesus can heal.. only Jesus will bring u to freedom.. only Jesus will not condemn but to love.. yet, it require u to step out in faith.. but yet it's difficult becoz u may not find the good support u needed.. maybe u should come to australia!!!!!

  2. Ash

    I actually just wrote a post about this sort of thing. I feel for you so much. Having to hold things in is not good for you, and it's not right that the church basically demands it of us. I'd hug you if I could.

    As an aside, is there a way to open a page to a particular post on your blog? I would like to link to this specific post if I could, but I can't figure out how to do it.

  3. [Ting] Haha easier said than done.
    [JJ] Thanx. As always, it's good to know someone understands.

  4. Dear Ash,

    Read your blog and I really wished there were more I could do to help you as a friend. I know the church may have a prejudice toward homosexuality, however, I don't think it is expected of you to hold anything inside. Having told the few people who truly genuinely love you as you are is a start.

    Although there desire to be "normal" is becoming a burden, normality is something everyone is seeking. A person like yourself should have a liberty to express the hurts and joy within, without feeling condemned. People WILL judge... don't let that be your stumbling block. Do not condemn youself either, and cheat yourself of the grace received.

    There is no direct or clear solutions to your problems, but do realise that there are friends who supports and prays for you daily. Asking Jesus to help you through each day.

    "Lord, I pray for strength and a clearity for my dear friend "Ash", that he may find what he seeks. Be his light and gentle shepherd, to love and guide his every actions and taughts. In Jesus' name Amen!"

    Anonymous

    11:11 AM

  5. i know its hard.. i cant say i understand.. but i know i am always there to cheer u on and pray for u.

    going home on 10dec.. for 3 weeks! see u soon

  6. [wai] Yeah, people will judge. That's the thing. I cannot in good conscience share my desires with a Christian for the simple reason that many Christians are unable to understand my feelings or even listen to them unbiased. But thanx for always listening. I appreciate it.
    [ting] Hehe something to look forward to.

  7. Hey.. just to let you know.. there are people who love you just for who you are regardless of what you go through because our love and care for you runs deeper than just a friendship. If an ear is what you need, sometimes all you have to do is ask.. True trust comes into perspective but you'll never know who you can trust til you give them a chance for you to trust..

    We can't however runaway from judgement or critism. It's even more apparent in a christian community because majority (both christians and non christians) have a mindset that there's only a "certain behaviour or character" christians should be forgetting that each one of us are made specially and uniquely.

    Don't bottle things in for too long. Emotions we contain on the inside will one day manifest itself outwardly..

    "Lord, I ask for strength and a peace of mind knowing that even in the lousiest of days You are there. Send people along his way for him to be able to relate to and share with. I pray that in this time of struggle, You'll guide him through with wisdom and care that he'll emerge victorious not only in our eyes but especially Lord in Your eyes as You have planned. Amen.."

  8. Lord, My heart breaks as I read this post. It breaks for many different reasons. It breaks because there aren't any words that I can express that will fix this situation, nothing I can say that will make his pain any less real. My heart breaks because I know that as Christians we have dropped the ball on this one. Lord, I ask you to forgive us where we've failed. Lord, I ask you to please fill that empty place like only you can and show him how to get that need met in a way that would be honoring and pleasing to you. Lord, please give him victory over this struggle and surround him with people who will support him and pray for him when he doesn't feel like he can pray for himself. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen

  9. [chel] Thanx. How long you been reading?
    [lucy] Amen, I really appreciate the prayer.