What Would You Do?


I sometimes wonder, "What if I died?"
Would they know that I loved them,
Despite that I lied?
Would they know my feelings
And all I held within?
I wonder if they'd discover
The depth of my sin.

I am so full of anger
And sometimes hate
At the fact that they refuse
To understand or relate.
Not that they could
Even if they tried,
Which leaves me quite alone
With no one in which to confide.

We laugh and we smile
Alone and together.
You call me your friend,
Through fine or stormy weather.
You would never hesitate
To give me a helping hand
But if you knew the truth
Do you really think you'd understand?

Or would you be so quick
To point the condemning finger?
How long would you last, my friend,
How long would you linger?

Whether you can't understand, or whether you won't,
You think you do, but in reality you don't.

0 comments :: What Would You Do?